Saturday, May 2, 2009

A new ad with one of my swimming shots



When I was a kid, competitive swimming might have been the most important thing in my life. I swam for 13-years, and even went to college on a swimming scholarship. OK, I admit is was a small college and a small scholarship, but I was very passionate about the sport.

These days I still swim, in the ocean with scuba gear obviously, but also in the mornings when I'm home in Key Largo, with a group of friends in a Master's swim program. I've also taken an interest in the art of swimming, finding new ways to photograph elite swimmers, some of which can be seen on my portfolio site at www.stephenfrinkphoto.com, direct link http://tinyurl.com/cr88wx.

The ad above is for our local pool, Jacobs Aquatic Center. The photo below is from that site as well, and shows Milorad Cavic, the swimmer that so nearly beat Michael Phelps in the 100-meter butterfly at last summer's Olympics in an ad shoot I did for Swans swim goggles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great shots! I'm looking forward to attending another photography class in 2010, maybe one day I can pull something like that off. Hope grizz has been well along with the rest of your family.