Sunday, March 8, 2009

Golden Oldie



National Geographic Traveler called recently to interview me for their photography blog, the resulting article here:

http://tinyurl.com/Frink-Traveler

Their first question was to ask what my favorite photograph might be, and the one I came up with is here above. Here's an excerpt of the article:

My favorite photo is one of my daughter Alexa swimming with a dolphin, which I took several years ago near Freeport, Grand Bahama. She was three years old at the time (she has her learner's permit now). For me, the photo shows a moment of incredible and touching interaction. It was also an inspiration that a kid that age would be open to jumping in with such a big "fish." We weren't sure how she would handle it, but she showed no fear. There was also a 13-year-old in the water, and at one point, he began to freak out, hollering "shark, shark!!" Alexa put her head in the water to check out the action, resurfaced, and said matter-of-factly and somewhat disdainfully, "Daddy, it's just a nurse shark." I knew then we wouldn't have to worry about her in the water.

No comments: